Reset your Password
As you know, in order to regain access to PSN, the user is required to rest his or her password – Sony has self-exploited that requirement and upon discovering the exploit they had taken down the PSN password reset page.Read More...
What you need to know:
– The Playstation Network is online
– You will need to update to firmware 3.61 to gain access to it
– The update will require you to change your password (only possible on your PS3)
Two long-time members of Anonymous spoke to the Financial Times and stated that it’s possible that other group members are responsible for hacking PSN. A member of Anonymous told FT that he had seen technical details of the vulnerability on Sony’s network that enabled the break-in discussed on an Anonymous chatroom shortly before the intrusion.Read More...
Yea that’s right… AGAIN! This hack was a minor one though;according to Reuters.com and Sony.com, on May 5th Sony discovered an out of date website that held information on 2,500 names and partial mailing addresses of individuals that entered a 2001 product sweepstakes. This information was stolen and posted on that website by hackers.
Sony reported that once found, they immediately took the website down. They also stated that no information about credit cards, passwords or social security numbers were listed.
Source – Reuters.com | Sony.comRead More...
Sony has announced on the Playstation Blog that the rebuild of their system is complete and they are in “the final stages of internal testing of the new system”.
Sony identity theft protection
Sony has also announced that it will be issuing complementary identity theft services (via Debix) to Playstation Network and Qriocity account holders located in the US for 12 months. This service will include:
– Cyber monitoring and surveillance of the Internet to detect exposure of an AllClear ID Plus customer’s personal information, including monitoring of criminal web sites and data recovered by law enforcement.
– Priority access to licensed private investigators and identity restoration specialists.
– A $1 million identity theft insurance policy per user to provide additional protection in the event that an AllClear ID Plus customer becomes a victim of identity theft.Read More...